"Heavenly Father, you always amaze me. Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life." ~Your Love is Strong, Jon Foreman

Friday, May 27, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

YHWH-jireh is what Abraham named the place where he nearly sacrificed his own son, but God supplied a ram for the offering in Isaac's place. It means, "the Lord will provide." This is a lesson that I learned myself in coming on this mission trip. God had set my passions on this trip since Urbana 2009, when I found out about Hospitals of Hope. My very hectic, busy schedule and my procrastination resulted in the submisison of my application for this mission trip at the end of March, and my acceptance on April 1. That left just about a month to raise all the support I needed for the trip: about $2500. I would like to say that I had no doubts that my God was faithful and would provide a way for me to do His work in Bolivia, but honestly I was too busy to even give it much thought, aside from writing and sending out the support letters. When praying and asking for prayer for the money to come in, I strangely had a confidence that it all would. Deep down I was hoping that I wouldn't be let down or proved wrong. God DID provide, above and beyond what was required! Over $3,000 was raised, which was able to provide for domestic flights, the jungle trip, my vaccinations, as well as contribute to Hospitals of Hope's ministry. Among my friends at Houghton, I raised $130 from college kids with hardly any spare change, to buy medicine for the clinics we did in the jungle. Praise God! He never ceases to amaze me!
I want to thank everyone who contributed in any way to making this trip possible. I am so humbled by your generosity and support, and I cannot tell you enough how much it has blessed me. Thank you so much!

Philippians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment